As we all know, the kitchen is the heart of the home. From having the most important meal of the day here, to intimate family dinners or even gathering guests in the kitchen for a cup of coffee, it is no doubt that having a lovely kitchen is much preferred by any home owner. Below is a list of the top 5 kitchen trends of 2022.
- Custom Organization. A very popular and highly valued trend amongst designers lately is the means of custom organization. People want to have enough space and functionality as they can in the kitchen that are both creative and utilitarian. Recent studies have shown that there has been a significant increase in the need for custom, built-in organizers in one’s kitchen. From spices, to pots and pans, to even paper towel dispensary, people take their organization very seriously and having storage and organization built right into the kitchen is just what we need in 2022.
- Statement-Making Slabs. Amongst the many ways designers and homeowners can incorporate their personality into their kitchen, countertops or slabs is one of the most important ways to do so. More and more people are getting out with the old and in with the new. The new, being a modernized stone countertop. Whether it be marble, quartzite, or granite, nothing brings more glass to a kitchen than a stone slabbed counter.
- Vintage. As crazy as it may seem, vintage is actually becoming the new modern! A very huge trend that’s cooking in the kitchen lately is the need to have a worn-in look. From muddy paint to brassy finishes to handmade tiles, people crave an older look for their kitchen even if it was built just yesterday!
- Detailing. Instead of large pieces like the countertop or the cabinets, think small. Much smaller, like an apron. Minor details to your kitchen can really help portray a better feel or scheme. Are your table mats opposite to your chairs on the color wheel? Do your plates and counter top have the same finish? All of these little details can help your kitchen feel more like yours, and even better… its trendy!
- Playful Colors. Don’t panic! White kitchens will never go out of style so if that’s your thing, hold on to it! But, if this is the year that you want to try something bold and colorful you might as well because colorful kitchens are one of 2022’s newest trends. If white kitchens are too flat and boring for you, then this is the perfect year to experiment with colors. Dramatic stones do great with deep reds and navy blue hues.