Kitchens have changed a lot over decades and planning for a kitchen remodel is very important. It is important for your kitchen to be modern, as kitchens are now the focal point of a home, the place that brings everyone together at the start or end of the day. In 2018, clean and simple styles have been favored amongst homeowners, with natural light becoming an essential aspect. Here are the top kitchen renovation trends of 2018:
- Smart kitchens: technology is now being integrated into every function and appliance found in the kitchen, from the fridge to the lighting.
- Cabinet Colors: White is a classic favorite for kitchen cabinets, as it provides a clean look for a space that can get cluttered at times. Grey is the second choice, as it is versatile, allowing it to be paired with natural elements or glamour accents. Dark kitchen cabinets are slowly making their rise this year, however, helping a kitchen look elegant and luxurious.
- Kitchen countertops: Quartz is still a favorite for high-end kitchen countertops, as it can last forever and is very easy to maintain. There is now a wider range of colors of quartz as well as a realistic assortment of stone patterns.
- Appliances: One of the hottest trends of 2018 is gray-toned appliances in a dark brushed metal finish.
- Flooring: Hardwood flooring is still the number one flooring of choice, but ceramic tile is a close second, as technology is now allowing ceramic tiles to look like hardwood flooring, as well as many other materials.
- Islands: Large kitchen islands are now becoming a staple to every kitchen, with storage solution cabinets with under-counter appliances as well as seating.